Full time for 8-12 Weeks
Open State / Poc21 is looking for a Berlin-based graphic designer, starting date is NOW. Join our international, high energy team realizing POC21, an innovation camp of five weeks starting august 15 and feat. 100+ makers, designers and social innovators. This role requires a highly autonomous, reliable and organized individual interested in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In the role of the visual creative you will co-create and produce the overall visual design of the camp communication and prepare the on-site design together with our art director. You will join a team of creative professionals who are also involved in the creative agencies 10hoch16 and Wigwam and are used to lean conception processes and fast production methods. The overall mission of this 8 to 12 week engagement is the development and implementation of a charismatic, practical and scalable graphic design which will be rolled out mostly digital and on site. You are able to think fast and handle the usual design tools from screen to print to object. As this is an international project you are able to coordinate in german, english, and maybe french
You´ll enjoy lots of freedom for your own ideas and will work with a vibrant team of idealists all around Europe. Your working place is Berlin, office times and attendance are flexible though.
Your job tasks include:
- Build upon an existing raw design concept and develop it to become a complete visual system with lots of applications
- Implement the concept in screendesigns, basic print products, social media footage, motion design assets and still to be defined elements of communication material
- Extend the poc21 website, produce printed matter, supply social media, create objects like shirts, toys & tools
- Bring the design concept into the camp as offline elements that integrate with architecture, nature and furniture
- Prepare the design assets to be truly open source. This includes good documentation and structure
- Work with a co-creative team where concepts are fluid and grow with time.
Your skills include:
- Creative education, preferably a creative university degree
- Knowledge in creative conception and working with design teams
- Ideation: brainstorming, drafting, scribbling, prototyping
- Screendesign: fast and stable screendesigns, (Sketch app preferred but Adobe is okay :), basic coding abilities are a plus
- Print: ability to prepare and handle print jobs up to production
- Product design experience is a plus
- 3D experience is a plus
- Motion design experience is a plus
Please do not hesitate to apply if you´re missing one of the skills or can offer a lot more – we´re mostly interested in people who are enthusiastic about our mission and fun to work with. We can currently provide a monthly payment of 1250€ plus VAT and you´ll work full or part-time according to your needs, wants and experience.
Ready to join an extraordinary endeavor? Go send us your CV and a short „mail of motivation” to firstname.lastname@example.org – we´re looking forward to your application and get back to you asap!